A very good afternoon to Deputy Prime Minister Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam,
Board Members of Business China,
Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen,
1. It has been an engaging and thought provoking two days. Many of the topics we discussed are not easy ones. Because they involve new industries and also emerging trends which often times we have no clear answer for. But that is the power of discussion. We come together to feel our way forward together and leverage on our combined strengths to attempt to build a better world together.
2. This year Business China has attempted something different, which is to curate specialised discussions according to industries and themes. We believe this approach will allow our audiences to interact with parties of common interest, network and potentially deal make.
3. We will continue to develop on these themes next year as the growth of new industries and the evolution of traditional industries is a multi-year process.
4. Singapore has always positioned itself as a place where policy makers, business leaders and leading academia can interact freely and discuss possibilities. Singapore is also a unique place where participants can build relations across geographies. At the close of today’s official programme, we will be bringing a delegation of Chinese speakers to the 3rd South Asian Diaspora Convention happening at the same time now in Singapore. This is an example of the hub and nodal role Singapore will continue to aspire to play and which Business China will continue to support in our activities.
5. We would not have been able to do this without the strong support of our sponsors and working partners. Also great thanks to our Board Chairman Mr Chua Thian Poh and our Board of Advisers and Directors for their strong stewardship. Please continue to support Business China in our programmes and we look forward to welcoming you to FutureChina 2017 in July next year. Till then, take care and stay in touch!