4. Distinguished speaker, Mr George Yeo, ladies and gentlemen, a very good evening.
5. On behalf of Business China, I would like to welcome all of you to this evening’s dinner dialogue. Tonight, we are honoured to have Mr George Yeo, former Minister of Foreign Affairs and currently, Chairman of Kerry Logistics Network Limited, share his insights on China’s latest developments with us.
6. In 2010, when Mr George Yeo first spoke at this Forum, he said that “the more we want to strengthen our links with China, the more we must strengthen our links to other parts of the world…the more connected we are to India, to Southeast Asia, to Europe, to Japan, to Africa, the more valuable are our links to China, to the Chinese people. The key to Singapore’s good relations with China, is in our ability to grow synaptic connections to other parts of the world.”
7. China today is different from what it was 5 years ago. But the words of wisdom that Mr Yeo shared with us remain highly relevant and also echo China’s current strategic vision of developing the “one belt, one road” network. This evening, we look forward once again to Mr George Yeo’s strategic insights and perspectives on China and how China’s developments would impact regional economies. I am certain that we will benefit greatly from Mr Yeo’s wealth of experience and his engagements with political office holders, business leaders and thought leaders globally.
8. Without further ado, I will now conclude my brief remarks by wishing everyone an enriching and pleasant evening ahead.
9. Thank you.